Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Sister Bailey Jayne Love, July 8th, 2015

Dare to be Mormon!!


The best week of my life thus far.

A while back my former mission president, President Nielsen, had made
the statement that if anyone says that their best 2 years (for sisters
18 minutes obviously) was their missions after a lot of time has
passed on that that was really sad. I can see where he is coming.

This week we had an opportunity to teach Heather again. Oh how I do
love her. She expressed the realization that we as members of the
church are generally just happier in life. We talked about the reason
for our "plastic smiley faces" as I like to call them is because we
understand why certain things must happen in our lives. The blessing
we get to become like our Heavenly Father is worth everything. Even in
the hardest of times, we can have peace knowing that "everything shall
be for [our] good". I'm so grateful for the knowledge that we have.

We also had the chance to set up a booth for the 4th of July. It
wasn't incredible successful in finding people to teach, but we did
get our name out there. Someone passed by my homemade free handed sign
(which I am incredibly proud of) and muttered under their breathe
"Latter-Day Saints." I wanted to jump up and scream the primary song:

"I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I know who I am.
I know God’s plan.
I’ll follow him in faith.
I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ.
I’ll honor his name.
I’ll do what is right;
I’ll follow his light.
His truth I will proclaim."

I have been so grateful to have been able to serve Him in this way. I
have loved teaching what has given my own life meaning and I only hope
that I will be able to continue to do so. I am so grateful that we
have a modern day prophet on the Earth. President Thomas S. Monson a
couple of conferences ago quoted a small poem which sums it all up!

Dare to be a Mormon;
Dare to stand alone.
Dare to have a purpose firm;
Dare to make it known.

I love this Gospel! Thank you all for all the love and support that
you have give me as I have served these past short months. I'll see
you all soon!

Love, for the last time,
Sister Love a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-Day Saints






No comments:

Post a Comment