Monday, March 7, 2016

Elder Robert Killpack 03/07/2016


So Switzerland is LEGIT!! I love it. It is super expensive, super
pretty and MOUNTAINS! I love it. I am known as the "American" by the
missionaries and the members, so that will get old real fast, but that
is just the culture of this mission right? This weekend we had Stake
conference, and President Kearon was there, he is one amazing guy!
During the first session, I was super tired and was in and out of
sleep. Then we were lucky enough to sing an intermediate hymn so I
could stand up and wake up, then I leaned over the Elder Bakewell
after the hymn and said, I am so bored right now and so tired, I can't
keep my eyes open. We chuckled about it, and then the Stake President
got up and said, we will now hear from our new missionary Elder
Killpack.... President Kearon had told him to call on me to give a
quick five minute talk on the spot! Safe to say I was wide awake on a
matter of Seconds. As I walked up to give my talk President Kearon
just smiled at me and said, Thank you. Ha then I proceeded to teach of
Christ. 2 nephi 25:26. I finished my part and then President Kohler
who was there, gave me the thumbs up. I am sure he was more nervous
than I, because one of his missionaries had to get up on the spot in
front of the area president, but I think he was relieved by the time I
was done ha! But ya after that my legs couldn't stop shaking as I sat
down, and I was WIDE AWAKE.

Life is good! I was able to see the TEMPLE for the first time in
twenty months on Saturday, and I about cried. I could feel the spirit
of the temple just being on the temple grounds. It was incredible! I
LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE, I am going there someday... NEXT WEEK!!!!
Wahoo!

Love Elder Killpack








No comments:

Post a Comment