Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Robert Scott Killpack August 3rd, 2015


Dear Family and Friends, 

Another week down, and another end to a transfer. We got transfers calls on Saturday and I will be heading back out to Stuttgart, but with a little different calling. I will be the new Zone Leader with my main man from the MTC Elder Hunt. I am still not 100% sure how I feel about the new calling, but if there is one thing I do know, President Kohler is an inspired man  is not going to put someone where we will fail. I am very humbled for this opportunity to serve. The best leaders and just the best people in the history of mankind, lead by serving others. I am going to serve the 30 missionaries in the Stuttgart zone. The best I know how. Service is truly an amazing thing. I once heard in Landshut, that if you want an instant friend either ask them for a favor, or do a favor for them. Both of which are forms of service. Humility, service along with hard work and charity, are the keys to making the Stuttgart zone become even better. So enough of that topic, now onto what else happened this week! We had a lot of fun. First we had Tausch with the Brixen Elders. I was with Elder Gómez-Torìo in Italy and we had a lot of fun together! And we went to Bozen, and I got some sweet Italian shoes, because everything in Italy is at least 50% off right now! Oh and I got some Italian Gelato... It was rather good;)  We then went back to Innsbruck and had Tausch with the APs because they just happened to be coming through the area. And so my best bud Elder Ridd ( from the woodlands) and I had a sweet tausch, and we went hard! So hard in fact, that while we did some beat to teach for an hour my white shirt got ripped by some guy thinking he could reach in and steal the ball away from me... No worries I dunked out on him afterwards... Okay well maybe I didn't dunk it, but 6 threes in a row is my equivalent. And yes that one did happen! Playing the with "brothas" is so funny cause they go crazy when they see a white boy in a shirt and tie ballin them up haha! For example... I was on top of the key and my team mate one the left wing cut across to the right side and right after that I started to go down the left lane and then they double teamed me. I did a spin move once, faked a pass then did another acting like I didn't have the ball. When I turned around to the hoop to go for a lay up, my guy and the other one double teaming me were chasing after the guy, that they thought I passed it to. I just layed it up with no one on me. But when everyone realized I just fooled with them boys they went bezerk! They were laughing and shouting at the guys defending say stuff like, "That white boy just messed you up Adler" "you just got spun around Adler" or "Who are you defending Adler?!" Ha ha. They were just going crazy it was so funny. I am going to miss those guys! Transfer calls came so I packed up fast and had testimony meeting. I am no writing you guys! That was my week Love you all!!!


Elder Killpack





No comments:

Post a Comment