Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Robert Scott Killpack July 28, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Well how do ya do?! Innsbruck is a really pretty area if you didn't know that before! I love it! Alps all around, being able to go to Italy, and eating amazing food, I guess I cant complain! Oh, and on top of ALL of that we get to help people come closer to Christ every day!! I love it! This past week I have noticed even more than I did before, that when you care for the people more than for yourself and serve them, life is a lot easier and you are a lot happier. I have also come to a greater understanding and love for the New Testament this past month. The teachings in the Bible are so amazing and priceless, if understood correctly. Thank goodness we have the Book of Mormon and JST for that! I learn something powerful every day I read. Today I was reading in Hebrews and a few verses caught my attention that were really something else for me. I will give you the references so you can go look them up in your scriptures! Hebrews 2:18 4:12 5:8. I really liked verse 8 in chapter 5. He learned obedience through the things He suffered. The man was the most obedient person to ever live, learned through what He suffered, and even while He was suffering He never made a mistake. Wow. What a perfect example. I am so grateful for the scriptures in my life. I would not trade them for anything. You can not find pure happiness in life without reading the scriptures. End of story. That is a truth, and the truth must be dealt with. There is nothing more satisfying than when you can look someone in the eyes and share with them a testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel and not blink twice because you KNOW it is true. You can be bold because one day they will hear the same thing at judgement seat. I know that Christ lives, I know my mom lives, I know the scriptures are true, and that this church is the only church that has the authority and right to say they have the only true way, and like Paul told the Corinthians "The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not"  - 2nd Corinthians 11:31. I love you all and hope you can feel the truthfulness of what I have said!





Elder Killpack









No comments:

Post a Comment