Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Sister Bailey Jayne Love May 27, 2015


What a week!! 

So much happened that I don't even know where to start!! 

Some of the lighter moments: 
Sitting in on a Japanese lesson and nearly falling asleep
Someone yelling "BrigHAAAMMM Young was MuHAAMMmad!!" at us
Teaching "The champion" -- This young man from the United Arab Emirates that didn't understand a thing we were saying but still wanted us to know that he was the best at anything he attempted haha

And I'm sure that there is much much more! 

Now onto the stuff that really matters. We had an incredible zone conference this past Wednesday where we were trained on a lot of things, but most importantly the Atonement! 

For behold, I say unto you there be many things to come; and behold, there is one thing which is of more importance than they all—for behold, the time is not far distant that the Redeemer liveth and cometh among his people.-Alma 7:7

I wish you could all be there and feel the spirit that entered that room. The Atonement is so real!! Through the Grace of God we can all return and live with our Families FOREVER. But the best part of the Atonement is that we can CHANGE. 

The day before this training we had someone tried to Anti us. Luckily He wasn't very experienced yet, but it still made for a frustrating 30 minutes. His argument was the regular "You work your way to Heaven!" I testified to Him that it is only through our Savior Jesus Christ that we can accomplish anything!! But that answer didn't satisfy him much mostly because he was closed off to the spirit. 

The training was amazing because it helped me to reconfirm our Heavenly Father's plan. If we truly do have a Father in Heaven who loves us then why wouldn't we use to Atonement in our daily lives to repent, change, grow, become new, etc!! 

If we were just sent here to return the same people that this whole life would be pointless!! 

and that is something that has taken me a while to learn... but I'm so grateful for my Savior's sacrifice that Empowers me to become a better missionary and a better daughter to God. 

I love my mission!! 

Love you all!! 
Sister Love



Hello Family, 

This week was a slow one..With how many people there are on campus we figure that we have to walk at least 4 miles a day.. And that's just with contacting! We also have to walk to campus from our apartment which is at least 3 1/2 miles on its own.. AND we have to walk back every night. I know what all you foreign missionaries are thinking of having to walk at least 10 miles to get from village to village, but it's hard for little Sister Love. She has been used to a car mission for the past year or so now. (spoiled stateside problems)

I love being able to walk around and talk with everyone though. It's so much fun. I used to dread it. In fact I will be honest and say that I used to hate Ohio. I hated waking up at 6:30. I hated going to bed by 10:30. I hated that we couldn't go to the movies or even just relax. I hated not knowing what was going on in the world and not being able to have music. I hated the weather. I hated skirts. I hated a lot of it! 

I'll remind you all that this was in my first couple of weeks. I got over that all very quickly. But it wasn't until a couple of nights ago that a new Sister came up to me and asked me if it will ever get easier that I realized something. I had to tell her that the answer was a big no. It doesn't get easier. We just get stronger. We learn to love the things that first made us cringe. I have learned to love Ohio with my whole heart. I love waking up at 6:20! I love going to bed by 10! I love not being in the world! I love not hearing the music that's popular now! I love the weather! I love skirts!! I love all of it!!! 

Sorry for the spiel, but I'm so grateful that I have the privilege of serving a mission. I have learned and grown so much and I can't wait to see where the Lord will take me with my new testimony! 
 
We taught Ethan this week. He is a devote Catholic who is having a really hard time letting go of his roots. Please keep him in your prayers! Our lessons are so powerful with the spirit leading them! I feel that a lot of times I just sit back and watch the spirit do it's thing.  He will have to come to a decision at some point, but a little bit of prayer never hurt anyone! I don't know if I have ever prayed for someone so hard in my life. I love him a lot and I know that his life will change if he accepts this gospel. 

Wow... LONG letter! Sorry! 
Go do something productive with your life now!
much Love,
Sister Love


ps.. we got a tour of the stadium.. That's Braxton Miller's Locker everybody!!! 








No comments:

Post a Comment