Monday, October 6, 2014

Elder Jesse Killpack October 6, 2014

Dear Family and friends, 
The week was slow apart from the family from Tijuana that wants to get
baptized. We taught them four times Sunday Wednesday Thursday and
Friday. They are super prepared. The only bad thing was that something
came up and they had to work this last weekend but they should have
future Sunday's off. It's really exciting. I haven't met many people
as prepared as they are. Other exciting news is that my old companion in
Atlantic city went back and is in the process of saving our converts.
I was really excited. So for the rest of the letter I will try to
select a talk from the conference for each sibling. Husbands can
share😇
Dad.   Richard G Scott. Side note he does his own Spanish translation!
Kim.   Allan F Packer
Kristen.      Pres. Uchtdorf, Priesthood.
Cassie.       Robert D Hales
Mackenzie.  Carlos A Godoy
Kimmy.     Ted R Callister
Olivia.  Larry S Kacher
Bailey   Quentin L Cook, Priesthood
Bobby.     Dallin H Oaks
Sammy.   Cheryl Esplin
Hannah.   Lynn G Robins
Max.         L Tom Perry, The Platypus


I thoroughly enjoyed this conference we need to all be preparing for
the end. Read Alma five and ponder the self evaluation. I am excited
to hear about your missionary efforts. Other side note. Four of those
speakers came to the Mtc while I was there. So that's pretty sweet.
This assignments do not mean you have problems with anything  they
teach but it will strengthen you in your day to day efforts and maybe
will help you with someone that is near you that you could help out
with this message. I love you all and hope you continue to follow the
counsel of the prophets.
Love, 
Elder Jesse Killpack

Dear Dad,
This week was slower than last but it was all worth it when we were able to listen to conference. We were very excited. Although almost all of our investigators couldn't make it I felt a strength from the words they gave us. I really liked D. Todd christofferson's talk because we have a lot of people that say well every church is good and can be the right one. But in the end we have our own choices. It will always be left to us for we believe that through the atonement of Christ all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel. I have thought as I read the Book of Mormon well maybe he did make it up and this is why he would say this but how could I turn against the witness of the Holy Ghost that made it evident the truthfulness of this book. It truly is a marvelous work and a wonder. As D&C tells us, can you receive a greater testimony than from God? I find solace in the scriptures and I try to ponder them more and more. I am grateful that I stand on the shoulders of spiritual Giants that have helped me through. Many have said that salvation is individual but I beg to differ because it can't be done alone no matter how smart you think you are or how strong and mighty you will always have to go trough Jesus Christ. You'll need an authorized priesthood holder to perform the ordinances. You need parents to give you life all the way back to Adam and Eve. How true it is that we without our dead cannot be made perfect. I love you and everything you have done to be an example. It is time we truly stick to the ship Zion and strengthen every one in his station. 

Love

Elder Jesse Killpack

No comments:

Post a Comment