Monday, October 6, 2014

Sister Bailey Jayne Love October 6, 2014

I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve here in Ohio. I love it so much.

This past week was a good one. We taught our investigator George the Plan of Salvation and asked him to be baptized. He accept a date for the 25th, but proceeded to say "well I was going to be baptized in the Bible Baptist church anyways". We did our best to explain that the Priesthood power was absolutely necessary (again!) and that seemed to help.. haha he is a really good guy and I hope and pray that if he does get baptized that he stays true to the things that he has learned.

We got to watch a movie! with popcorn! I've never felt more apostate in my whole life, but President Daines said it was okay! He let us watch Meet the Mormons and it was really good. It was a really good way to introduce people to our church. Relating with President Bednar's talk, a lot of people think that we are just "those crazy Mormons". We have just seen the difference the Gospel has made and we want to share it.

“The invitations we extend to you to learn about and test our message grow out of the positive effects the gospel of Jesus Christ has had in our lives. Sometimes we may be awkward or abrupt or relentless in our attempts. Our simple desire is to share with you the truths that are of greatest worth to us.”

Conference was amazing as well.. I really enjoyed Elder Chi Hong (Sam) Wong's talk about how we need to work together to help both members and nonmembers alike.. Which is something that I have been really trying to help Marysville with. I'm not sure what more I can do to a ward that wants to go back to being a branch, but I know that Heavenly Father will lead us.


I love you all!
Sister Bailey Jayne Love

No comments:

Post a Comment