Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sister Bailey Love October 20, 2014

Friends and Family. 

First of all I want to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes this past week! It was the best birthday yet!! 

A couple of big things have been happening as of late... All cool experiences for me and none for the people we're working with (yet!) So I feel selfish in thinking that it was a good week, but I learned a lot!

First off we had a lesson with a member and her neighbors. Right from the start I knew that they were not interested in learning more about the true restored church, but of ripping it apart. After our member bore pure testimony of the Savior and brought the Spirit in so strong they proceeded to tell us we were wrong and that we would have to pay severe consequences. The spirit left and after a while we started trying to address their concerns. I went to say something to defend our beliefs when the spirit told me not to say a word. Other than the time I was told to go on a mission that was the strongest prompting I have ever gotten. It was frustrating when references came into my head, but I knew that I should not open my mouth. We talked to our ward mission leader about it and he told us that the Scriptures are Holy and that they should never be used as a weapon. 

Just a simple testimony to me that God knows the hearts of every one of His children. 

On Sunday I was going through the usual feeling sorry for myself that usually happens once a week when our relief society lesson was on missionary work with President Joseph Fielding Smith. He served in England and didn't get one baptism (neither did Gordon B. Hinckley). He wrote home to his wife saying something along the lines of "I must stay out here (England) in complete obedience". Heavenly Father knows what we need and when we show Him obedience we are blessed.. No matter how hard the task is.

I love you all so much! Thank you again for everything you have done for me. 
Stay strong. 

Sister Love

This is who I spent my birthday with. Sister Smith. The cutest thing!!



I have to keep up with my brothers. Teaching cats is harder than you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment