Monday, February 2, 2015

Sister Bailey Jayne Love February 2, 2015


Bad Boys Bad Boys, 
Whatcha gonna do? 
Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

We've been robbed!! I love that this is our welcome to OSU campus present.. It has been a very interesting week to say the least. 
So to start off from the beginning we were at "The Church of Latter-Day of Saints" as the news reporter calls it and we had someone walk in a take a backpack and my companions purse. Luckily nothing too big was stolen and we were able to recover everything that was lost. It made for a wonderful missionary opportunity and many of us missionaries have been able to see the results of being on the news.. Although it was super embarrassing for Sister Slater (our mission present even called her a "Jesus freak") it definitely makes for a good story..

Except being woken up by the police officers at 1 AM.. I could have definitely done without that. 

But let me tell you... I LOVE OSU campus! It has been the most incredible experience. I love the wards that we are over and all the students. There are the most amazing converts here. They are so grateful for the gospel and will give anything for it. We have had some really special experiences teaching all kinds of people. From die hard Catholics to straight up Atheists. I have the strongest testimony that God knows each of us individually. The spirit is working through us really well and I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to open my mouth and let it be filled with exactly what these people need to hear.

I'm also extremely grateful that the Patriots won last night.. Because all of the members here are starving college students we have to get creative with getting them to feed us.. GO PATRIOTS! 

Along with making bets I also broke the Word of Wisdom this week. There is a challenge at the OSU institute called "The Triple Sloop". It involves eating 3 HUGE pancakes with peanut butter, chocolate, syrup and of course plenty of whipped cream. The record for the sisters is 9 minutes while the record for the Elders is 3:40. The pictures don't do it justice, but I will say that after the first 5 bites I wanted to die..

But I finished!! unfortunately not in 9 minutes.. it took me 25.. and I wanted to die.

So my commitments for this week are to follow all the points of the Word of Wisdom! Especially watching what you eat! 

I love you all! 

Have a fantastic week!

Sister Love 




No comments:

Post a Comment