Monday, November 3, 2014

Robert Scott Killpack, November 3, 2014

Hallo zu allem!!

Well this week we had a great experience. We had the opportunity to give 3 priesthood blessings. We gave one of our Investigators,  Mike, a blessing because he wanted to feel the Priesthood and begin to understand it so he can decide if it is something he needs. That was just such an amazing experience to let him feel of the power of God. The other night Elder Garrett was feeling sick before bed so we went to bed a little early and then Elder Garrett woke me up at 1 in the morning. He told me that he had been up since 11 with a massive headache and it just wouldn't  go away, and that he wanted me to give him a blessing. I gladly agreed and it was just cool to see that the priesthood is available to us whenever we need it. It was also cool to hear Elder Garrett tell me in the morning that he is grateful for the priesthood power and how it does work for us when we have faith. He was able to fall asleep after the blessings and be able to work the next day!! The last blessing we gave to another investigator named Edith. She lives with an inactive member. The inactive member loves the missionaries and invites them over all the time but does´t like the ward and won't come to church... It is still a great opportunity to be able to teach her and our investigator Edith. So anyways Edith had been in the hospital the last 3 weeks and the inactive member asked us to give Edith a blessing. We went last wednesday and gave her a blessing. She passed away the next morning. She was 60 and now is in a better place and completely healthy. The member asked us to conduct the funeral. We will see how that goes. Elder Garret and I get to give talks during the service and did I mention in GERMAN? I am way nervous to give a talk at a funeral because A) its in German, and B) I only met Edith three times, and C) It´s a funeral. I know that God will help me and will let the people know of the love I have for Edith and them! The best part about giving a talk that comforts me is that it isn't always the words you say that matters but that the people can feel the spirit and I trust that the Lord will make that happen!!

Love you all and pray for you always!!

Elder Killpack

A way catholic place in Neuötting


No comments:

Post a Comment