Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sister Bailey Jayne Love. November 10,2014



Dear Family and Friends,

First and foremost I want to put in my plug for missionary service. If there is ever anyone on the fence about serving or not just do it. It's so worth it!

I love my mission.

So this week was a bit of a toughie. We were working really hard just waiting for all those blessing to pour down on us. We started off the week realizing that our most progressing investigator: Claudette wasn't even in our area! We had to pass her off to the other Sisters in the next ward over.. so that was kind of a bummer. Then we had set up a lesson with Heidi and Sterling! A super golden investigator Mother and Son duo... Until they dropped us.. and THEN Kevin didn't show up to his lesson or to church.. 

I really do love my mission... let me explain why.

There is an entire section in Preach My Gospel devoted to explain that no effort is wasted. There are lots of days that we go out a tract house after house and nothing comes from it. There are times when we are exactly obedient and we get chased by dogs (happened twice this week). When we do our very best to teach by the spirit sometimes people don't listen. and there are even some times when the sheriff is called on us for knocking too many doors. But it's all worth it because this is exactly where my Heavenly Father needs me. This is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. and I know it because the Holy Ghost has told me time and time again.

It helps when we do get to see some of the fruits of our labors though... Earlier on in the week we went about doing good as PMG suggests. We were in our service clothes and we saw this couple cleaning out a flower bed at a church. We stopped by and asked if we could help. We didn't commit them to be baptized or even to read from the Book of Mormon, but we left the woman in tears of gratitude for a simple act of service. On Sunday we met another couple from the same church. They told us that Bonnie ( the woman we had served ) had written on facebook about the 2 lds girls that were an answer to her prayer. 

How very grateful I am that Heavenly Father has sent me here to help these people out. I'm so grateful that I could be an instrument in His hands to help His children throughout this life. 

I've been studying a lot on patience and faith this week... can you tell 

Lastly I want to leave with a quote by Elder Holland: "Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come."

That is a promise from an Apostle of God. I can testify that it is true. I have seen it in my life and in the life of so many others. 

I love you all so much. I'm so grateful for all the support and love you give me. 
Sincerely yours,

Sister Love




No comments:

Post a Comment