Monday, April 20, 2015

Sister Bailey Jayne Love. April 20, 2015

Family and Friends,

What a week! I can't believe it! This week I have gone through 2 different companions and 4 different languages (Sister Lai speaks Cantonese, Japanese, Mandarin and of course English--with an Australian accent... and she plays the piano too! No big deal...). I have felt the spirit so strong this week that at one point I got a head ache from it. This is the type of missionary work that I have always dreamed of doing! I feel so exhausted at the end of each day. and I love it!!

Sister Huang was a fantastic companion. She had so much hope for the people she was working with. As she has left and I have received Sister Lai there has been little need of adjustment. These Temple Square missionaries are amazing. They carry the spirit so strong. They have a strong desire to work hard and to be exactly obedient. They seem to know exactly what to say to investigators, recent converts, less actives, and members as well. Sister Lai knows exactly what to say to help me too. She's just amazing!! We are a lot alike. She has already graduated and lived in a LOT of different places (Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, Hawaii, LOGAN! wooh!, and now Utah and Ohio!) She really is just unbelievable, but is sometimes really hard on herself. I wish she could just see what everyone else sees in her! And especially what her Heavenly Fathers sees.

Our investigators are adjusting well to the switch-off. Working with the Chinese people is quite different than working with people that already have a Christian background. I'm realizing that I need to work a lot on my patience. It has been difficult to show true empathy towards them, but I'm learning how everyday. They are such smart people they just have no background on who God is.. 

I love this work so much. There are so many tender mercies that happen! I know that the Lord loves us and that He is marking the path. 

love you all!! Remember to read your scriptures daily! 
Love, 
Sister Love





No comments:

Post a Comment