Monday, July 14, 2014

Elder Robert Killpack July 14, 2014

Guten tag zu ihr!!!!

Today marks the half way point for us German missionaries! We have three more weeks in this prison and then we will go to Munich. It seems like yesterday I was giving my farewell talk to all you guys and now I am halfway through the MTC life. I like the MTC here, but we are just on a very strict schedule and the schedule is almost the exact same everyday and it just so repetitive. But I am learning the german that i need to learn even though i feel like I don't know how to say anything about the church yet but it's going good! If I have any advice for any missionary learning another language, It's this, Learn all the things about English grammar first and that will help so much when learning another language. My companion in a brainiac and it helps cause he knows all the grammar stuff for English and converts those grammar things into what germans use for their grammar. that doesn't make a lot of sense what I just said but i just know that grammar in english helps learn grammar and the other language of which you are learning.
Nothing exciting really happened this week so sorry about that, but one thing that did happen was one of our elders who goes too hard while playing football (soccer) didn't care that a sister was trying to kick the ball and kicked it as hard as he possibly could and broke her foot., The worst part is that after they both kicked the ball he didn't stop playing, got the ball and scored. A minute or two after he scored he asked the sister if she was okay. Well she wasn't. He had broken the Sisters foot... So there is the story for the week I hope that the field is more exciting than the MTC so I have more to talk to you about but that is it for this week,

Sincerely,


Elder Killpack

Dear Dad, 

So last night I was overwhelmed with the thoughts of our German ancestors and could feel an excitement of their spirits about the gospel. I had already said my prayer for the night, but  was prompted to say another one and asked about my German ancestors to find a way to help them. Right when I said that I couldn't think or speak or move from the position I was in because the spirit. It felt  so strong. I knew that they were there hugging me and cheering me on to find them and get their work done or to start their work. So i went on in my prayer to ask if there was a way during my dream or just in the temple the next day to know who they were. I didn't get any extreme revelation during my dream, but I kept thinking this number 7. I had no idea what it meant and I still don't know what it means. As I was sitting in the celestial room today, I prayed about it to understand more what that number meant. I kept getting the same answer, there are 7 names that I need to translate and figure out their story so we can do their work. And every time I thought that I could feel the presence of the spirits with me in the celestial room. I could feel them saying tell your day what you have felt and have him find the records whether his sisters already have it or if they know where to find it and get a copy and start seeing what happened in our lives and get the stuff ready for our work. I don't know if there is a specific 7 that your sisters have but i know there is a specific 7 that i need to find. If you could help me out with that as soon as you can I know that our ancestors will truly appreciate it. And if you can find out what i need to do after I translate the records to get their names ready for the temple that would be amazing too! Thanks for everything LOVE YOU so much!
ELDER KILLPACK,

(The better Elder Killpack)





President Hinckley's apartment when he served on his mission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment