Monday, August 25, 2014

Elder Jesse Killpack 8/18/14 , 8/25/14

Elder Jesse Killpack August 18, 2014

Go big or go home! Um I will consider the proposition of the sister
missionary that May or may not have the chance to see me on a date
after this time of service that we are currently rendering for The
Lord. I don't know his English thing. I just say words now and hope
they still work. We still talk quite a bit of English but we talk a
lot of Spanish too. It's hard sometimes to remember to talk Spanish
when you just want to tell a story super fast. So elder minnich and I
will slightly be parting ways tomorrow. He stays and trains and I
leave to other side of bridgeton. We have some cleaning up to do.
Flojos. Good people just didn't spend time wisely. Speaking of the
elders that are leaving the side of bridgeton that I'm taking over.
So it will be a challenge but I'm going to out do elder minnich haha.
He doesn't even know what's coming. This transfer we contacted roughly
500 people that are older than eight and non members. Woooo hard work
for days. We had some really cool lessons and awkward moments like
when the lady was backing up next to the door we were knocking she hit
the pole. And then it was her house we were knocking. Awkward. We also
met a lady and she said she lived far away and we had a really good
conversation with her. We were then looking for a guy we had met and
we knocked the door and the door was upstairs and around back so
pretty secluded and then it was her door! Crazy loco. Super awkward.
But we also taught a lesson with a counselor from the stake presidency
and he introduced us to old investigators that lost contact with the
missionaries. The are super prepared and it was one of the most
spiritual lessons I've had. He really knew how to be a member present
and I finally used first nephi 2:16-17 really well instead of
stumbling over a way to apply it smoothly. So that was good. Lots of
good things. We will keep it up

Love


Elder. Jesse M Killpack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elder Jesse Killpack August 25, 2014

Dear 
Sounds like you all had a blast. I'm excited to go to lake Powell for
the first time. We had a really cool experience where we contacted a
man Maximo and he actually came to church that's the first time on my
mission! Woooooo! He should be pretty solid. Lots of people did we
meet this week. Elder turner is a really good missionary he was Elder
Minnichs companion for five months. He is really good about following
the spirit. I'm going to learn a lot this transfer. I'm running out
of time to hit all the Jersey areas though. I only have two left. We
will see it will be a good run. My address is 12 franklin st.
Bridgeton New Jersey 08302 sorry in a rush but you are all the best
keep up the good work and fun. Send my congratulations to jimmy and to
Kenzie and Ella for all the birthdays and whatnot if I forgot them!

Love

Elder Killpack, 

No comments:

Post a Comment