Monday, August 11, 2014

Elder Robert Scott Killpack, August 11, 2014

Elder Bobby! August 11, 2014

Lieber alles, 

It was a good week here in Landshut! Last monday we had family home evening with some ward members and my german was put to the test! they asked me how many siblings I had and I said 10 and they kinda freaked out a little!! Then in complete german I was able to explain my families situation and basically my whole story. It was crazy because I was throwing words out there that I didn´t even know that I knew. The Gift of Tongues is real and it has helped me so much out here on the mission because I know that as long as i open my mouth that the Lord will speak through me even if I don´t know exactly what I am saying the investigators will. We had interviews with president this week and it was really cool to just sit down with him and just talk about the missionary and hear the input he had for me and how much his advice helped. A mission president is really called of God they carry such a strong spirit with them and they are here to help and they do an amazing job. We are lucky for 2 reasons... 1. Our mission president served his mission here in Germany and knows what its like and really helps us better meet the needs of this german people and how to better contact and teach them. 2. Our mission president was one of the main guys that helped write Verkündet mein Evangelium! or Preach my Gospel, so he really knows mission work and helps so much! There isn´t a lot to talk about for this week because all 8 of our appointments we had set up for this week fell through. It has been hard on Elder Garrett because he wants so bad for me to have a good start to my mission, but having 8 appointments fall through when you get to the doorstep is tough. But he said something really cool to me that stuck out after our last appointment fell through. He said "The Lord must really trust you" I asked him what he meant by that and he said that the Lord obviously trust you enough to start you in an area like this and with a start like this and trusts that you will come out of the struggle at the start a strong missionary. I thought about that for a while because I didn´t feel discouraged about what had happened but here an ex zone leader was saying that this was tough and that this isn´t how the mission normally is and it made me excited because I thought that this was just the norm of the mission to get shut down but now I know that is not the case but that right now God is testing me and my comp and we are just going to keep working hard so that if we have another week like this its not ALL 8 appointments fall through its ALL 15 because we will have more people to teach and give the greatest gift, this GOSPEL.


ELDER KILLPACK


Last day at the MTC in England!

No comments:

Post a Comment