Monday, August 11, 2014

Elder Jesse Killpack. Aug 11, 2014


Elder Jesse. Aug 11 2014

Padiuxi Thanks for getting that package out. I am already learning more
Spanish and zapoteco. It's crazy because it's old Spanish and the
spellings weren't canonized yet. It uses Latin in random places so
it's good that I know Latin too. I learned that the zapoteco people were
very similar to the degrading society of the Nephites. Human
sacrifices and everything. Crazy. Anyways. On a happier note. I got to
baptize a convert from Camden yesterday. Woo!  I didn't know he was
going to ask me to do it and he called on Thursday while we were
planning so that was sweet. Um the man from last week did not keep the
appointment so sad for him but while we were on the way to his house I
ran into people from Camden that were stopping by for only five
minutes in Bridgeton. Little things that mean a lot.
We taught a man named Rome. (Jerome) and taught him the restoration one
day and explained that everything rested on the Book of Mormon. He was
atheist but studied the bible a lot. The next time we taught about the
Book of Mormon and how Christ can command the molecules. The next time
we really laid out the plan of salvation from beginning to end. We
explained that God was like us once. And that we were intelligences.
And he eventually came to the conclusion that he would be full bred
Mormon or else he would take  the world with atheism. I like that.
I feel like people need to understand how white and black it is. Other
side note, I bought brown shoes for six dollars. And I sewed part of my
pants. Elder minnich sewed another part or should I say he darned
them? I learned what darning means ; to mend by sewing. Haha I got to
see my boy two more times because we had zone conference and then the
baptism. His Spanish is improving. I don't know what else I should
say. But I know this is where we should be in this church and that if
you don't know or have forgotten why, It's because you do not pray to
know if it is true. Also you  do not sincerely seek to humble yourself and
repent according to the answer that you receive. Read 2 nephi 32. And
then you might feel a bit humbled and want to ask again. And you will
receive an answer.
Esaariu

Les quiero


El Élder Killpack



Baptism in Camden on Saturday.



Jesse's Greenie is all grown up!


No comments:

Post a Comment