Friday, August 8, 2014

Elder Robert Killpack Aug 4, 2014

Bobby's  address is 

Zweibrückenstraße 717

Bei Kirche Jesu Christi
84028 Landshut
Germany


Hello USA,

So we left the MTC last Wednesday and headed to Deutschland! We had problems with some of the sisters getting the luggage through so we had literally no time in the airport and that stunk because I didn´t get to call home. But the flight was good I saw by a british guy who was way sick and exchanged emails so now if I ever go back to Manchester I have a place to stay ha! When we landed in München we got detain for like an hour and a half because we didn´t have our visa´s with us and the po-po got a little mad with us ha but we ended getting out and it was nice to be out of that airport. After the airport the very first thing we did was get on a s-bahn for an hour. We had our first finding experience and only could use German haha. But it was really cool especially the first lady because she was from northern Germany! It´s like my ancestor are just following me around and give the things I need to find out more about them. But me and this lady were talking and she asked me about my vorfahren (ancestors) and I told here that they came from northern Germany and I was trying to learn more about them and that´s when she told me that she was from northern Germany and so we exchanged emails and I can email her about my ancestors and she said she would help me find out more about the area the lived in or anything that has to do with them who lived in northern Germany. So that was our first leg of our train trip, the second leg was just as good though! So me and Elder Hunt (my district leader in the MTC) were talking with this lady and she asked us about our name tags and what the meant... aka the golden question! And we told her about our church and she was listening and we gave her a pass along card and she kept asking more questions and we answered them as best we could and eventually we placed our first book of mormon! so in the first hour of being in Germany I placed my first Book of Mormon! Now I am in Landshut (country hat) with my trainer Elder Garrett! He is way sick we laugh like non-stop over stories that probably aren't all the funny and he really helps me learn and helps me work harder everyday. Things are good here in Landshut. All the Elders say that Landshut has one of the best wards in the entire mission and I would have to agree this is my favorite ward so far!! They have two families with youth and they are so funny. The Hopf´s have 6 kids and they have the coolest family. Their oldest daughter is 19 and the youngest son is 6 and he is the biggest ball of energy I have ever seen and just makes fun of us missionaries all the time and asked me questions and I have no idea what he is saying but its just funny to hear a little small voice speak faster and better german than i can haha. So bruder Hopf is the ward mission leader and at one point in time he was the number 5 Tae Kwan Do person in the world! So Friday morning me and elder Garrett went and did early morning exercise with him learning Tae Kwan Do. But the best part was how it happened because i kid you not it looked like we were filming karate kid 3. So we woke up rolled out of bed at 6 a.m. ran through an empty city with thickest fog around us. We then arrived at our destination... a ghetto basketball court in the middle of no where and our master was awaiting us. It just felt like a classic karate film the early morning practice thick fog and ghetto area to practice! So that´s the Hopfs. On Friday I also had my first Döner and boy was that good! I could eat a döner every day to be honest. On Sunday I had to give my first Zeugniss auf Deutsch in front of the ward and I did okay definitely wash´t perfect but I think they understood me and thats all the matters! Well I hope everything is going good at home and can´t wait to hear all the amazing stories you guys have!!

LOVE,
ELDER KILLPACK

p.s. Happy Birthday Hannah 


First German meal Weißwurst und Kartoffel puree

 The view outside of our apartment.

 My First Döner.

 Elder Garret eating Döner.

 My first chocolate bar

 A street in Landshut.

A tower and a castle

No comments:

Post a Comment