Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Elder Jesse Killpack. September 2, 2014

Hello all, 

Next week Ill be able to hear the video.  Sorry, it looks very nice! I did see I love you,  and  I love you too! This was a week was full of miracles. I'll start with yesterday because its fresh on my mind. They changed p-day to today because of the holiday and so now we had no plans because we don't plan over p-day. Well, luckily we were told early so we were able to make two appointments during those hours. So when we walked out it was hot,  but we said, "its going to be a great day!" even though we had no evidences yet. Later,  like forty seconds, my tire was flat on my bike. We fixed that and started again 3 minutes later (just needed air) and again we said, " Its going to be the best day." We continued like that the whole day even until 9pm saying that it was going to be a great day and it ended up being like that. We found a guy on his porch taught him about Jesus Christ and Baptism He now has a baptismal date. We went with a member and taught a lesson to a new investigator we found Sunday. She let us in and we taught the restoration.  Our member bore his testimony saved the chance to get a return appointment,  invited her to church and she has a baptismal date as well. Later we found the brother of the man we were looking for.  He doesn't have a church and  feels lost. He told us that he liked reading Genesis,  Exodus and Psalms. I told him that I bet he would like Alma as well which sparked questions. We read Alma's  conversion story and he liked it a lot and invited us back. No baptism yet for him. It  wasn't the time yet but he will have one wednesday as well as his brother. We saw a less active and She cooked us great food and i ate crickets for the first time. It actually didn't taste too bad. It tasted kinda like lemon sun flower seeds I guess. Haha.  It really showed me how important it is to have a good attitude no matter what. I hadn't really seen a big difference like that before but it works. We had a lot of success among the black community too. I don't have tons of time to expand on that but two men have accepted baptism as well. The next goal is to figure out the situation with people at church.The best part is that all but one of the baptismal dates that we have are set are for my birthday. Hopefully that will be one of my birthday presents. We met a man from Mexico that almost got baptized there but then wasn't able to pull himself through the gate. When we talked to him he asked how long it would take to get baptized and if he could go around with us, and about tithing. Super cool working hard,  being obedient, with a good attitude.

Love
Elder Killpack
PS. I'll try to send pictures if I can find extra time. Love you!







Eating Crickets


.

No comments:

Post a Comment