Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Elder Robert Scott Killpack , September 17, 2014


Great Week of Missionary work. 

Baio... He is doing great haha he is one funny dude. He is from the heim and very humble. So the last two weeks he has wanted to come to church but wasn't able to because he didn't know how to get there. Albert his roommate was supposed to show him the way. But for some reason, Albert wasn't  able to come either. So last week we took Baio to the church and showed him how to get there from the Heim so he could come! He was a little drunk that night and kept saying how sorry he was for not coming because he hates disappointing people! He was also super sorry that he broke the word of wisdom and said that from that day on he would never smoke or drink again. I just hope he remembered all of that:) He has a really big heart and the desire to learn and be baptized is there, but he is just having problems quitting smoking and drinking. I know he will be able to do it but it will just take some time!!
We had Zone training last week as well and it was really good!  Elder Garret and I had to teach our Zone a little about Exact Obedience, and I learned so much from that! I read through the scriptures and saw all the promises and blessings given to us when we are exactly obedient. And after reading all of that I don't want to be anything but exactly Obedient. I know that it will be hard but if I/we try our hardest then the Lord with the mercy given us with pick up the slack:)
I don't know if I have talked about Mike yet, but we had a really good lesson. Mike is an eternal investigator and just has his views on church and never has wanted a Baptismal date because he hates planning for things so far in the future. He just wants to be led by Christ in the moment. So what we did we in a sense was tricked mike... hahah we told him how we have someone being baptized on October 11th and wanted him (Mike) to take the same lessons and steps has someone that is going to be baptized would. But we won't give you a baptismal date, we just want you to be ready to be baptized on October 11th and he accepted haha! So hopefully all goes well with him!! He is really close just needs that last push. It's is kind of cool because its a little part of Jesse's mission in mine because Mike is from New Jersey!
My first real German Talk!! I gave a talk yesterday in sacrament meeting and it was a pretty cool experience. I prepared the whole week before I mean the last three days before I had to give my talk! I wrote my entire talk in English. Ya I know crazy right? Then the craziest thing happened I tried to translate it and did really good. Elder Garrett only had to help me correct 80 percent of it. When I got up there I didn't look at my written talk the whole time except for the 6 minutes that I read from it!!! Wow I did so great just fluent. Already best one out there..... It was a good Sunday because later that day the Elders from Neuötting had a baptism and it was way cool to see someone go under the water and enter into this church clean and pure!
Oops and then we almost burned our apartment down... Yup it was an almost tragic day!  Elder Garrett and I were making stir fry and noticed that we forgot some sauce when shopping last p day, so we decided to go to our basement, It's like our grocery store. We literally  live on top of a grocery store. We started to cook our noodles  full blast on the stove.  Mistake number 1. Then we left to go get the sauce. Right before we left our apartment I thought we should pray because we always do before we go outside, but we decided it was only going to be 2 seconds and  we didn't  need to pray for that... we were wrong. As soon as I walked out and closed the door Elder Garrett hit his pockets and didn't have the keys...  The only spare is in Vienna, Austria with the Senior Couple in our ward. OOPS. Mistake number 2.  We were freaking out because the stove was on and we didn't know what to do. We called our branch president and he was going to help us out, but it was going to cost 500 euro of Personal Money to fix it. He then  called us back and said because of the fire hazard in the apartment, the  fire department would come open it up for free. So he called them and 5 mins later the sirens came to our door!! Wow, was that embarrassing!  Haha but the moral of the story is to always pray before you leave the house;)

Have a great week!


Elder Killpack



Teaching the Kitty, 
Shout out to Sammy and Max!




A poor picture of the entrance of OKTOBERFEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment