Monday, September 22, 2014

Elder Robert Killpack. September 22, 2014

WOW!


Been an AMAZING WEEK! 

So last week we had an Austausch where me and Elder Barnhart did work in Landshut. He is from Passau. What was stressful about this Austausch was that I was in charge and had to plan for everything.  Take lead in discussions and basically rely on the Lord because there was no way I was ready for this. So we had a lesson that night and I was supposed to take the lead.  It was a German investigator, and I was freaking out because my German is not quite there yet. I was surprised to see the gift of tongues and the Holy Spirit speaking for me as I taught Schwester Mespe and Edith! I was going off testifying die wichtigkeit des buch mormons and it was amazing to see the spirit start growing in their eyes and to hear them commit to reading.  Praying with real intent made the lesson that much more spiritual!! It was just so amazing to see the work of Lord going on when I seriously had no idea what was going happening. After that lesson I asked Elder Barnhart what had just happened. I literally don't know what I said. It goes to show that it is the Lord, not us, who are teaching these people!!
Adwoa and Pratt! So our district leader used to serve in Landshut and knew this lady and her husband that were really interested in the Gospel. She had a baby and got way sick so they lost contact with them.  Elder Spencer, our district leader, told us to go see if they are still interested. They were! We taught them this week and talked about the restoration. They said they love this church but want to know everything about it before they decide to join. We were still able to make baptismal dates with them and now have 2 more people on the road to salvation!!! It is really funny because we now have 6 people with baptismal dates and they are all African. None are german. hahah (I think that maybe the Africans are a little more humble;) 
So we went to Neuotting this last weekend for an Ausstellung. I don't the word in English haha but it's  like a set-up or exhibit. There was a fresh Golden there. Had only been here for a week now. When we first got to Ausstellung, I had a feeling that I should go out with the new Golden during his first Ausstellung.  Both of our trainers looked at me funny but said okay, its your doom basically.  haha. I was able to go finding for about 2 hours with Elder Nebeker. It was really good for me because I had to take the lead in talking to every person and not rely on someone else to translate for me. I was training for 2 hours basically and it was super scary, but one of the best experiences of my mission yet. It was pretty intense having to be the one to answer every question even though the person was speaking way fast german. With  the power of the Lord again I was able to do it!! We were able to place 4 books of mormon that day which is quite a bit for one day. It was just so cool to see how far I have come and how much the Lord has help me get to where I am! I have been so blessed on my mission with my companion, my ward, and with the strength of the Lord. I could not be happier right now and I hope that all of you can find that same happiness. A huge step
is to take a step back. Look at what the Lord has done for you, and given you, and there is seriously no way you can not be happy!!!

Love you ALL

Elder Killpack






This is the cat I baptized! 





Missionaries forbidden.









                                                                         Alleyway

    

Classic Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment